Current Promotions Terms and Conditions
Here you'll find terms and conditions for Tower's current promotions. Some of our promotions run for a limited time only and we archive these terms and conditions when a promotion ends.
Find out more about:
General Promotion Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (“General Terms”) apply to all promotions, competitions and offers listed below (collectively, “Promotion”).
- In these General Terms, Tower means National Pacific Insurance (American Samoa) Limited trading as Tower Insurance (“Tower”), at times referred to "we" or "us".
- All Promotions are only open to residents of American Samoa aged at least 18 years.
- By entering any Promotion and/or taking out a policy to enter into any Promotion, you are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by these General Terms as well as the specific terms and conditions relating to the relevant Promotion below (“Specific Terms”).
- Where relevant, Tower policy terms, conditions, exclusions and underwriting criteria apply in respect of all eligible policies.
- Information on how to enter the relevant Promotion, including any instructions in Tower advertisements, printed material, social media or websites will form part of the terms and conditions for the relevant Promotion. To the extent of any inconsistency in the information in any advertisements, printed material or websites, the General Terms and Specific Terms will prevail.
- From time to time Tower may also use your information to provide you with communications for promotional and marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive such communications please let us know at any time by calling Tower on +684 633 4266 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where a prize is offered as part of a Promotion, Tower reserves the right to request any prize winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the prize winner, is not received by Tower within a reasonable time or is not satisfactory to Tower, then that prize winner shall forfeit their rights to the prize.
- All decisions made by Tower are final with respect to all matters relating to any Promotion and no further correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- Tower reserves the right to change, suspend or cancel the terms and conditions for a Promotion at any time.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, Tower will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability or injury suffered by any person in any way associated with any Promotion or for any prizes. Tax obligations, if any, are your responsibility.
- All Promotions are bound by the laws of American Samoa and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of American Samoa.
Multi-policy discount – Terms and Conditions (American Samoa)
We will apply a multi-policy discount to the Tower premium payable on your eligible policies if you meet the eligibility criteria set out in these terms and conditions (“Terms”). This discount is only applicable to the Tower portion of your total premium and does not apply to levies and other charges included in your total premium.
1. You hold two or more Tower-branded eligible policies.
2. You are a named policyholder on the eligible policies, whether:
a. in your own personal capacity, or
b. as a sole trader, or
c. as a partner in a business partnership, or
d. as a trustee of a trust, or
e. the policy is in the name of a company of which you are a director.
Policies held by your spouse, partner, children, other relatives or flatmates do not qualify you for a multi-policy discount unless you are also an owner of the relevant policy.
3. To qualify for a discount the Tower premium for each eligible policy must exceed the minimum premium set by Tower for the relevant policy types. We explain the minimum Tower premium in the Multi-policy discount section below.
Eligible policies (each an “eligible policy”):
- Third party
- Third party
The multi-policy discount also applies to the Tower premium charged for all optional benefits.
Products that are not eligible for our multi-policy discount are:
- Construction Insurance Policy
- Contract Works Policy
- House Insurance Policy
- Contents Insurance Policy
- Commercial Motor Insurance Policy
- Motor Excess Liability Policy
- Motor Insurance Policy
- Motor Vehicle Liability Policy
- Business Protection Policy
- Goods Products Extension
- Industrial Special Risks Insurance
- Marine Cargo Policy
- Private Pleasure Craft Insurance
- Public Liability Policy
- SmartPac Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
If you would like to claim a multi-policy discount in respect of policies that are not all in your own name alone or which are held in different variations of your name (i.e. Jone/John or Susana/Sue), please contact us to notify us which policies you would like to claim the discount for. We will link all eligible policies meeting the eligibility criteria with effect from the date that you contact us.
Where the eligibility criteria are met, we apply the following discount to the Tower premium (including qualifying optional benefits) component* only, for each eligible policy:
- One policy: 0%
- Two policies: Up to 10% * ^
- Three or more policies: Up to 20% * ^
*The multi-policy discount does not apply to aspects of the premium that are collected by Tower, but are not Tower’s premium.
Your Certificate of Insurance shows all the charges that make up the total premium as well as whether a multi-policy discount has been applied to your Tower premium.
^ Tower has a minimum premium for each policy type. Any policy to which a minimum premium applies will count as an eligible policy for the purposes of calculating the applicable discount for the number of policies held, regardless of its premium, but the discount will be applied:
4. only to Tower premiums in the group of eligible policies that are above the minimum premium; and
5. only to the extent that it does not reduce the Tower premium for a particular policy below the minimum premium for that type of policy. If the full discount would reduce a premium below the minimum premium for a particular type of policy, the discount will be capped so that the Tower premium payable is equal to the minimum premium for that policy type.
Adjustments to your multi-policy discount
When you buy a new eligible policy and the eligibility criteria are met, the multi-policy discount will be applied to the Tower premium for the new policy from the commencement date of that policy.
Any discount or additional discount to the Tower premiums for your existing eligible policy or policies will commence from the next renewal dates for each applicable policy.
When you change an eligible policy during its term, any new or changed multi-policy discount applicable to the Tower premium for that policy will be effective from when you change the policy.
When you cancel an eligible policy, the discount applied to your remaining eligible policy or policies will be reviewed at the next renewal date for each applicable policy, and the discount applied may reduce, depending on the number of eligible policies you hold.
Other important terms
In these Terms, “we”, “us”, “our” means National Pacific Insurance (American Samoa) Limited trading as Tower Insurance.
Policy terms, conditions, exclusions, and underwriting criteria apply to all eligible policies.
Discounts cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or revoke this discount to ensure that the discount applied to the Tower premium is correct for the purposes of these Terms.
We reserve the right to:
- change or cancel this discount or the methodology for applying and/or calculating this discount for any or all eligible policies;
- add policies to or remove policies from the list of eligible policies;
- change any other aspect of the multi-policy discount or these Terms at any time.
If we do, any change to the discount, the application of the multi-policy discount, or these Terms will take effect at the next renewal date as it relates to each of your applicable policies.
By purchasing or renewing any eligible policy where the multi-policy discount has been applied, you are bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, then you must not use the discount when purchasing an eligible policy.
Except for liability which may not be excluded by law, we will not be liable for any loss, claim, cost, expense, liability, or injury suffered by any person in any way associated with Tower’s multi-policy discount.
These Terms are governed by the laws of American Samoa and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of American Samoa.
American Samoa fuel voucher promotion terms and conditions (March - July 2023)
- These terms and conditions (“Terms”), and Tower’s General Terms available here, apply to the "American Samoa fuel voucher” promotion (“Promotion”).
- In these Terms “Tower” means National Pacific Insurance (American Samoa) Limited trading as Tower Insurance.
- The Promotion commences at 12:01am on 1 March 2023 and ends at 11:59pm on 17 July 2023 (“Promotion Period”).
- This Promotion applies if you have purchased any Eligible Policy (as defined in clause 6 below) online through the Tower website, through one of Tower’s Corporate Portals, in person or over the phone in a single transaction during the Promotion Period (“Eligible Customer”).
- If so, once Tower has received payment of the premium for the Eligible Policy or, if paying in instalments, the first payment instalment for the Eligible Policy, Tower will provide the Eligible Customer with a US$50 fuel voucher (“Voucher”). The Voucher is a one-off payment and will not apply on renewal of any Eligible Policy.
- For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Policy” means any new Tower comprehensive or third-party fire and theft car insurance policy and excludes: (a) any compulsory third-party insurance policy; and (b) any other insurance policies with Tower purchased by any means including through Tower’s brokers or advisers. Further, to constitute an Eligible Policy, you must not have held that specific type of Tower policy for the relevant asset insured in the three months prior to the start of the Promotion Period.
- Tower’s employees and employees of Tower’s partners, brokers or advisors and for (each of them) their respective immediate families are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- This Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion, except for the Tower multi policy discount (if applicable). Each Eligible Customer is only entitled to one Voucher per Eligible Policy. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for any other benefit.
- The Voucher is non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Tower reserves the right to substitute the Voucher with another voucher of a similar value.
- Policy terms, conditions, exclusions, and underwriting criteria apply in respect of all policies.
- By purchasing an Eligible Policy during the Promotion Period, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, Tower may suspend, cancel or modify this Promotion.
- The Voucher is awarded by Tower in its absolute discretion and any questions or concerns relating to this Promotion or these Terms are to be addressed to Tower.
Tower At Work staff discount terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (Terms), Tower’s General Promotion Terms and Conditions (available at the top of this page) and Tower’s General Terms available here, apply to the "Tower at Work Staff Discount” offer (Offer).
- In these Terms:
(a) Tower means National Pacific Insurance (American Samoa) Limited trading as Tower Insurance
(b) Tower Premium means the amount of the premium retained by Tower and does not include the aspects of the premium that are collected by Tower but are not the Tower premium, including but not limited to fire service levies, services tax (VAGST), and stamp duty.
- To be eligible for the Offer, you must:
(a) be at least 18 years old;
(b) be a Current Employee of a Tower at Work Partner. A Current Employee is any person who is currently employed by a Tower at Work Partner in American Samoa (as confirmed by Tower in its sole discretion) under a full-time, part-time or other employment contract; and
(c) purchase or renew an Eligible Policy (as defined in clause 4 below),
- For the purposes of this Offer, an Eligible Policy means any Tower Plus and/or Standard House Insurance, Tower Plus and/or Standard Contents Insurance; Tower Comprehensive, and/or Third Party Car Insurance and excludes any other insurance policies with Tower purchased by any means.
- If you meet the Eligibility Criteria, you must notify Tower of your eligibility on purchasing an Eligible Policy, then a discount will be applied to the Tower Premium of the Eligible Policy at the current discount rate of up to 10% off (Discount Rate) for one year (Discount). The Discount may be renewed after each one year term, provided you continue to meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- The Discount only applies to the Tower Premium. The Discount does not apply to aspects of the premium that are collected by Tower, but are not the Tower Premium, including taxes or levies.
- The Discount Rate may be subject to change at any time at Tower’s sole and absolute discretion.
- The Discount does not apply to any other policies and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion, except the Tower multi-policy discount and/or no claim bonus benefit (if applicable). If applicable, the Discount and any applicable Tower multi-policy discount will be applied after any no claims bonus benefit has been applied.
- Tower has a minimum premium for each policy type. This Discount will be applied only to the extent that the Tower Premium is above the minimum premium and it does not reduce the Tower Premium for a particular policy below the minimum premium for that type of policy. If the full Discount would reduce a Tower Premium below the minimum premium for a particular type of policy, the Discount will be capped so that the Tower Premium payable is equal to the minimum premium for that policy type.
- If the Tower Premium payable for any policy is reduced during the policy period, then any Discount applied to the Tower Premium for that policy may be reduced on a pro rata basis.
- If an Eligible Policy does not run for the full annual policy period (i.e., there is a mid-term cancellation), the Discount applied will be pro-rated to your policy length. Where you are due a refund of any premium, we may deduct any Discount originally applied to your premium from any refund owing to you.
- Discounts cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash or any other benefit.
- The Offer does not apply to the respective immediate families of a Current Employee.
- Tower reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to change or revoke this Discount to ensure that the discount applied to the Tower Premium is correct for the purposes of these Terms.
- Tower reserves the right to:
(a) change or cancel this Discount or the methodology for applying and/or calculating this Discount for any or all Eligible Policies;
(b) add policies to or remove policies from the list of Eligible Policies;
(c) change any other aspect of the Discount or these terms at any time.
- By purchasing or renewing any Eligible Policy using the Discount in accordance with these Terms, you are bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, then you must not use the Discount when purchasing an Eligible Policy.
- All decisions made by Tower are final with respect to all matters relating to the Offer, and no further correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- Policy terms, conditions, exclusions, minimum premiums, and underwriting criteria apply in respect of all policies.